Las Animas County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Las Animas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Las Animas County, Colorado. You can contact the Las Animas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Las Animas County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
200 E First StThe Las Animas County Assessor's Office is located in Trinidad, Colorado. Trinidad is the county seat of Las Animas County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Las Animas County government, at 201 East 1st Street.
Las Animas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Las Animas County Information
Las Animas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Las Animas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Las Animas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Las Animas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Las Animas County.
- The Las Animas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Las Animas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Las Animas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Las Animas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Las Animas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-845-2568. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Las Animas County assessor's office at 719-845-2598. Please call the assessor's office in Trinidad before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Las Animas County government at 719-846-3481.