Larimer County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Larimer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Larimer County, Colorado. You can contact the Larimer County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Larimer County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
200 W Oak StThe Larimer County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Fort Collins is the county seat of Larimer County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Larimer County government, at 200 West Oak Street.
Larimer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Larimer County Information
Larimer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Larimer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Larimer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Larimer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Larimer County.
- The Larimer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Larimer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Larimer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Larimer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Larimer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-498-7050. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Larimer County assessor's office at 970-498-7070. Please call the assessor's office in Fort Collins before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Larimer County government at 970-498-7010.