Kit Carson County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Kit Carson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kit Carson County, Colorado. You can contact the Kit Carson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Kit Carson County property tax due date
251 16th StreetThe Kit Carson County Assessor's Office is located in Burlington, Colorado. Burlington is the county seat of Kit Carson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kit Carson County government, at 251 16th Street.
Kit Carson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kit Carson County Information
Kit Carson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kit Carson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kit Carson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kit Carson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kit Carson County.
- The Kit Carson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kit Carson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kit Carson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kit Carson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kit Carson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-346-8946. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kit Carson County assessor's office at 719-346-6017. Please call the assessor's office in Burlington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kit Carson County government at 719-346-8139.