Kiowa County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Kiowa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kiowa County, Colorado. You can contact the Kiowa County Assessor for:
- Checking the Kiowa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 100The Kiowa County Assessor's Office is located in the Kiowa County Courthouse in Eads, Colorado. Eads is the county seat of Kiowa County, where most local government offices are located.
Kiowa County Assessor Contact Information
Kiowa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kiowa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kiowa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kiowa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kiowa County.
- The Kiowa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kiowa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kiowa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kiowa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kiowa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-438-5521. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kiowa County assessor's office at 719-438-5327. Please call the assessor's office in Eads before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kiowa County Courthouse at 719-438-5810.