Huerfano County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Huerfano County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Huerfano County, Colorado. You can contact the Huerfano County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Huerfano County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
401 Main StreetThe Huerfano County Assessor's Office is located in Walsenburg, Colorado. Walsenburg is the county seat of Huerfano County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Huerfano County Courthouse, at 401 Main Street, Suite 205.
Huerfano County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Huerfano County Information
Huerfano County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Huerfano County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Huerfano County Tax Appraiser.
- The Huerfano County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Huerfano County.
- The Huerfano County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Huerfano County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Huerfano County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Huerfano County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Huerfano County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-738-1191. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Huerfano County assessor's office at 719-738-1191. Please call the assessor's office in Walsenburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Huerfano County Courthouse at 719-738-2370.