Hinsdale County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Hinsdale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hinsdale County, Colorado. You can contact the Hinsdale County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hinsdale County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 277The Hinsdale County Assessor's Office is located in Lake City, Colorado. Lake City is the county seat of Hinsdale County, where most local government offices are located.
Hinsdale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hinsdale County Information
Hinsdale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hinsdale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hinsdale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hinsdale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hinsdale County.
- The Hinsdale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hinsdale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hinsdale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hinsdale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hinsdale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-944-2224. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lake City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hinsdale County Courthouse at 970-944-2225.