Gunnison County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Gunnison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gunnison County, Colorado. You can contact the Gunnison County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Gunnison County property tax due date
200 E Virginia AveThe Gunnison County Assessor's Office is located in Gunnison, Colorado. Gunnison is the county seat of Gunnison County, where most local government offices are located.
Gunnison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gunnison County Information
Gunnison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gunnison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gunnison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gunnison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gunnison County.
- The Gunnison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gunnison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gunnison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gunnison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gunnison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-641-1085. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Gunnison before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gunnison County Courthouse at 970-641-0248.