Grand County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Grand County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grand County, Colorado. You can contact the Grand County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Grand County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 264The Grand County Assessor's Office is located in Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado. Hot Sulphur Springs is the county seat of Grand County, where most local government offices are located.
Grand County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grand County Information
Grand County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grand County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grand County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grand County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grand County.
- The Grand County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grand County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grand County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grand County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grand County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-887-7260. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Grand County assessor's office at 970-725-3505. Please call the assessor's office in Hot Sulphur Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grand County Courthouse at 970-725-3347.