Costilla County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Costilla County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Costilla County, Colorado. You can contact the Costilla County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Costilla County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 100The Costilla County Assessor's Office is located in San Luis, Colorado. San Luis is the county seat of Costilla County, where most local government offices are located.
Costilla County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Costilla County Information
Costilla County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Costilla County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Costilla County Tax Appraiser.
- The Costilla County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Costilla County.
- The Costilla County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Costilla County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Costilla County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Costilla County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Costilla County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-672-3642. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Costilla County assessor's office at 719-672-3206. Please call the assessor's office in San Luis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Costilla County Courthouse at 719-672-3372.