Clear Creek County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Clear Creek County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clear Creek County, Colorado. You can contact the Clear Creek County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Clear Creek County property tax due date
405 Argentine StreetThe Clear Creek County Assessor's Office is located in Georgetown, Colorado. Georgetown is the county seat of Clear Creek County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clear Creek County Courthouse, at 405 Argentine Street.
Clear Creek County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clear Creek County Information
Clear Creek County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clear Creek County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clear Creek County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clear Creek County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clear Creek County.
- The Clear Creek County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clear Creek County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clear Creek County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clear Creek County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clear Creek County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 303-679-2322. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clear Creek County assessor's office at 303-679-2441. Please call the assessor's office in Georgetown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clear Creek County Courthouse at 303-569-3251.