Chaffee County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Chaffee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chaffee County, Colorado. You can contact the Chaffee County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Chaffee County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 699The Chaffee County Assessor's Office is located in Salida, Colorado. Salida is the county seat of Chaffee County, where most local government offices are located.
Chaffee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Chaffee County Information
Chaffee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chaffee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chaffee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chaffee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chaffee County.
- The Chaffee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chaffee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chaffee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chaffee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chaffee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-539-4016. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Salida before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chaffee County Courthouse at 719-539-2218.