Arapahoe County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Arapahoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Arapahoe County, Colorado. You can contact the Arapahoe County Assessor for:
- Checking the Arapahoe County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
5334 South Prince StreetThe Arapahoe County Assessor's Office is located in Littleton, Colorado. Littleton is the county seat of Arapahoe County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Arapahoe County Administration Building, at 5334 South Prince Street.
Arapahoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Arapahoe County Information
Arapahoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Arapahoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Arapahoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Arapahoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Arapahoe County.
- The Arapahoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Arapahoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Arapahoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Arapahoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Arapahoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 303-795-4600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Littleton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Arapahoe County Administration Building at 303-795-4400.