Alamosa County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Alamosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alamosa County, Colorado. You can contact the Alamosa County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Alamosa County property tax due date
402 Edison AvenueThe Alamosa County Assessor's Office is located in Alamosa, Colorado. Alamosa is the county seat of Alamosa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Alamosa County government, at 402 Edison Avenue.
Alamosa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alamosa County Information
Alamosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alamosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alamosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alamosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alamosa County.
- The Alamosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alamosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alamosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alamosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alamosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 719-589-6365. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Alamosa County assessor's office at 719-589-6118. Please call the assessor's office in Alamosa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alamosa County government at 719-589-4848.