Yolo County, California - Assessor's Office
The Yolo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yolo County, California. You can contact the Yolo County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Yolo County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
625 Court StThe Yolo County Assessor's Office is located in Woodland, California. Woodland is the county seat of Yolo County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Yolo County Administration Building, at 625 Court Street, Room 104.
Yolo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yolo County Information
Yolo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yolo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yolo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yolo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yolo County.
- The Yolo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yolo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yolo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yolo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yolo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-666-8135. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Woodland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yolo County Administration Building at 530-666-8195.