Ventura County, California - Assessor's Office
The Ventura County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ventura County, California. You can contact the Ventura County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Ventura County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
800 S Victoria AveThe Ventura County Assessor's Office is located in Ventura, California. Ventura is the county seat of Ventura County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ventura County Government Center, at 800 South Victoria Avenue.
Ventura County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ventura County Information
Ventura County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ventura County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ventura County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ventura County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ventura County.
- The Ventura County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ventura County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ventura County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ventura County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ventura County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 805-654-2181. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ventura County assessor's office at 805-645-1305. Please call the assessor's office in Ventura before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ventura County Government Center at 805-654-5000.