Tuolumne County, California - Assessor's Office
The Tuolumne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tuolumne County, California. You can contact the Tuolumne County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Tuolumne County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
2 S Green StThe Tuolumne County Assessor's Office is located in Sonora, California. Sonora is the county seat of Tuolumne County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tuolumne County Courthouse, at 2 South Green Street.
Tuolumne County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tuolumne County Information
Tuolumne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tuolumne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tuolumne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tuolumne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tuolumne County.
- The Tuolumne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tuolumne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tuolumne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tuolumne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tuolumne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 209-533-5535. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tuolumne County assessor's office at 209-533-5674. Please call the assessor's office in Sonora before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tuolumne County Courthouse at 209-533-5521.