Sutter County, California - Assessor's Office
The Sutter County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sutter County, California. You can contact the Sutter County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Sutter County property tax due date
1160 Civic Center Blvd The Sutter County Assessor's Office is located in Yuba City, California. Yuba City is the county seat of Sutter County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sutter County Courthouse, at 1160 Civic Center Blvd..
Sutter County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sutter County Information
Sutter County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sutter County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sutter County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sutter County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sutter County.
- The Sutter County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sutter County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sutter County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sutter County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sutter County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-822-7160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Yuba City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sutter County Courthouse at 530-822-7106.