Stanislaus County, California - Assessor's Office
The Stanislaus County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stanislaus County, California. You can contact the Stanislaus County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Stanislaus County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
1010 10Th St The Stanislaus County Assessor's Office is located in Modesto, California. Modesto is the county seat of Stanislaus County, where most local government offices are located.
Stanislaus County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stanislaus County Information
Stanislaus County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stanislaus County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stanislaus County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stanislaus County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stanislaus County.
- The Stanislaus County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stanislaus County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stanislaus County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stanislaus County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stanislaus County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 209-525-6461. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stanislaus County assessor's office at 209-525-6586. Please call the assessor's office in Modesto before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stanislaus County Courthouse at 209-525-4494.