Sonoma County, California - Assessor's Office
The Sonoma County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sonoma County, California. You can contact the Sonoma County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Sonoma County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
575 Administration DriveThe Sonoma County Assessor's Office is located in Santa Rosa, California. Santa Rosa is the county seat of Sonoma County, where most local government offices are located.
Sonoma County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sonoma County Information
Sonoma County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sonoma County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sonoma County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sonoma County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sonoma County.
- The Sonoma County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sonoma County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sonoma County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sonoma County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sonoma County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 707-565-1888. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sonoma County assessor's office at 707-565-3317. Please call the assessor's office in Santa Rosa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sonoma County government at 707-565-2241.