Shasta County, California - Assessor's Office
The Shasta County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shasta County, California. You can contact the Shasta County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Shasta County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1450 Court St The Shasta County Assessor's Office is located in Redding, California. Redding is the county seat of Shasta County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Shasta County government, at 1450 Court Street, Suite 208.
Shasta County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Shasta County Information
Shasta County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shasta County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shasta County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shasta County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shasta County.
- The Shasta County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shasta County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shasta County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shasta County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shasta County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-225-3600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Shasta County assessor's office at 530-225-5673. Please call the assessor's office in Redding before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shasta County government at 530-225-5561.