Santa Cruz County, California - Assessor's Office
The Santa Cruz County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Santa Cruz County, California. You can contact the Santa Cruz County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Santa Cruz County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
701 Ocean StreetThe Santa Cruz County Assessor's Office is located in Santa Cruz, California. Santa Cruz is the county seat of Santa Cruz County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Santa Cruz County Government Center, at 701 Ocean Street, Room 130.
Santa Cruz County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Santa Cruz County Information
Santa Cruz County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Santa Cruz County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Santa Cruz County Tax Appraiser.
- The Santa Cruz County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Santa Cruz County.
- The Santa Cruz County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Santa Cruz County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Santa Cruz County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Santa Cruz County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Santa Cruz County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 831-454-2002. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Santa Cruz before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Santa Cruz County Government Center at 831-454-2200.