Santa Clara County, California - Assessor's Office
The Santa Clara County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Santa Clara County, California. You can contact the Santa Clara County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Santa Clara County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
70 W Hedding StThe Santa Clara County Assessor's Office is located in San Jose, California. San Jose is the county seat of Santa Clara County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Santa Clara County Government Center, at 70 West Hedding Street, East Wing.
Santa Clara County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Santa Clara County Information
Santa Clara County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Santa Clara County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Santa Clara County Tax Appraiser.
- The Santa Clara County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Santa Clara County.
- The Santa Clara County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Santa Clara County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Santa Clara County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Santa Clara County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Santa Clara County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 408-299-5500. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Santa Clara County assessor's office at 408-297-9526. Please call the assessor's office in San Jose before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Santa Clara County Government Center at 408-299-5001.