San Diego County, California - Assessor's Office
The San Diego County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Diego County, California. You can contact the San Diego County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the San Diego County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
1600 Pacific HwyThe San Diego County Assessor's Office is located in San Diego, California. San Diego is the county seat of San Diego County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the San Diego County Administrative Center, at 1600 Pacific Highway, Suite 103.
San Diego County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Diego County Information
San Diego County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Diego County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Diego County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Diego County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Diego County.
- The San Diego County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Diego County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Diego County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Diego County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Diego County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 619-236-3771. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in San Diego before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Diego County Administrative Center at 858-694-3900.