San Bernardino County, California - Assessor's Office
The San Bernardino County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Bernardino County, California. You can contact the San Bernardino County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the San Bernardino County property tax due date
385 N Arrowhead AveThe San Bernardino County Assessor's Office is located in San Bernardino, California. San Bernardino is the county seat of San Bernardino County, where most local government offices are located.
San Bernardino County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Bernardino County Information
San Bernardino County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Bernardino County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Bernardino County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Bernardino County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Bernardino County.
- The San Bernardino County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Bernardino County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Bernardino County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Bernardino County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Bernardino County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 909-387-8307. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in San Bernardino before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Bernardino County Government Center at 909-387-2020.