San Benito County, California - Assessor's Office
The San Benito County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in San Benito County, California. You can contact the San Benito County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the San Benito County property tax due date
481 Fourth StreetThe San Benito County Assessor's Office is located in Hollister, California. Hollister is the county seat of San Benito County, where most local government offices are located.
San Benito County Assessor Contact Information
Additional San Benito County Information
San Benito County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the San Benito County Tax Assessor may also serve as the San Benito County Tax Appraiser.
- The San Benito County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in San Benito County.
- The San Benito County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The San Benito County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in San Benito County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting San Benito County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the San Benito County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 831-636-4030. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the San Benito County assessor's office at 831-636-4033. Please call the assessor's office in Hollister before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the San Benito County Administrative Office at 831-636-4000.