Riverside County, California - Assessor's Office
The Riverside County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Riverside County, California. You can contact the Riverside County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Riverside County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
4080 Lemon StreetThe Riverside County Assessor's Office is located in Riverside, California. Riverside is the county seat of Riverside County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Riverside County Administrative Center, at 4080 Lemon Street, 1st Floor.
Riverside County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Riverside County Information
Riverside County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Riverside County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Riverside County Tax Appraiser.
- The Riverside County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Riverside County.
- The Riverside County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Riverside County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Riverside County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Riverside County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Riverside County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 800-746-1544. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Riverside before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Riverside County Administrative Center at 951-955-1100.