Plumas County, California - Assessor's Office
The Plumas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Plumas County, California. You can contact the Plumas County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Plumas County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
520 Main St The Plumas County Assessor's Office is located in Quincy, California. Quincy is the county seat of Plumas County, where most local government offices are located.
Plumas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Plumas County Information
Plumas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Plumas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Plumas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Plumas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Plumas County.
- The Plumas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Plumas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Plumas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Plumas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Plumas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-283-6380. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Plumas County assessor's office at 530-283-6195. Please call the assessor's office in Quincy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Plumas County Courthouse at 530-283-6315.