Orange County, California - Assessor's Office
The Orange County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Orange County, California. You can contact the Orange County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Orange County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
333 W. Santa Ana BlvdThe Orange County Assessor's Office is located in the Civic Center Plaza, Building 11, Room 142 in Santa Ana, California. Santa Ana is the county seat of Orange County, where most local government offices are located.
Orange County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Orange County Information
Orange County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Orange County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Orange County Tax Appraiser.
- The Orange County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Orange County.
- The Orange County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Orange County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Orange County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Orange County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Orange County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 714-834-2727. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Santa Ana before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hall Of Administration at 714-834-3100.