Mono County, California - Assessor's Office
The Mono County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mono County, California. You can contact the Mono County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mono County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 715The Mono County Assessor's Office is located in the Mono County Annex II, 2nd Floor in Bridgeport, California. Bridgeport is the county seat of Mono County, where most local government offices are located.
Mono County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mono County Information
Mono County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mono County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mono County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mono County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mono County.
- The Mono County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mono County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mono County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mono County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mono County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 760-932-5510. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bridgeport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mono County government at 760-932-5215.