Modoc County, California - Assessor's Office
The Modoc County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Modoc County, California. You can contact the Modoc County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Modoc County property tax due date
204 S Court StThe Modoc County Assessor's Office is located in Alturus, California.
Modoc County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Modoc County Information
Modoc County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Modoc County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Modoc County Tax Appraiser.
- The Modoc County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Modoc County.
- The Modoc County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Modoc County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Modoc County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Modoc County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Modoc County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-233-6218. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Modoc County assessor's office at 530-233-6237. Please call the assessor's office in Alturus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Modoc County Courthouse at 530-233-6200.