Mariposa County, California - Assessor's Office
The Mariposa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mariposa County, California. You can contact the Mariposa County Assessor for:
- Checking the Mariposa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
5100 Bullion StreetThe Mariposa County Assessor's Office is located in Mariposa, California. Mariposa is the county seat of Mariposa County, where most local government offices are located.
Mariposa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mariposa County Information
Mariposa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mariposa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mariposa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mariposa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mariposa County.
- The Mariposa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mariposa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mariposa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mariposa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mariposa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 209-966-2332. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Mariposa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mariposa County government at 209-966-3222.