Los Angeles County, California - Assessor's Office
The Los Angeles County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Los Angeles County, California. You can contact the Los Angeles County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Los Angeles County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
500 W Temple StThe Los Angeles County Assessor's Office is located in Los Angeles, California. Los Angeles is the county seat of Los Angeles County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Office Of Human Resources, Ste 588, at 500 W. Temple Street, Room 225.
Los Angeles County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Los Angeles County Information
Los Angeles County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Los Angeles County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Los Angeles County Tax Appraiser.
- The Los Angeles County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Los Angeles County.
- The Los Angeles County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Los Angeles County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Los Angeles County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Los Angeles County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Los Angeles County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 213-974-3211. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Los Angeles before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Office Of Human Resources, Ste 588 at 213-974-1311.