Lassen County, California - Assessor's Office
The Lassen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lassen County, California. You can contact the Lassen County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lassen County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
221 S Roop StThe Lassen County Assessor's Office is located in the Lassen County Courthouse in Susanville, California. Susanville is the county seat of Lassen County, where most local government offices are located.
Lassen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lassen County Information
Lassen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lassen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lassen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lassen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lassen County.
- The Lassen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lassen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lassen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lassen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lassen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-251-8241. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lassen County assessor's office at 530-251-8245. Please call the assessor's office in Susanville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lassen County government at 530-251-8333.