Kings County, California - Assessor's Office
The Kings County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kings County, California. You can contact the Kings County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kings County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1400 W Lacey BlvdThe Kings County Assessor's Office is located in Hanford, California. Hanford is the county seat of Kings County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kings County Government Center, at 1400 W. Lacey Blvd..
Kings County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kings County Information
Kings County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kings County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kings County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kings County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kings County.
- The Kings County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kings County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kings County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kings County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kings County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 559-582-3211. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kings County assessor's office at 559-582-2794. Please call the assessor's office in Hanford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kings County Government Center at 559-582-3211-2362.