Glenn County, California - Assessor's Office
The Glenn County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Glenn County, California. You can contact the Glenn County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Glenn County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
525 W. Sycamore StreetThe Glenn County Assessor's Office is located in Willows, California. Willows is the county seat of Glenn County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Glenn County Courthouse, at 516 West Sycamore Street.
Glenn County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Glenn County Information
Glenn County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Glenn County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Glenn County Tax Appraiser.
- The Glenn County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Glenn County.
- The Glenn County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Glenn County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Glenn County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Glenn County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Glenn County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-934-6402. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Glenn County assessor's office at 530-934-6571. Please call the assessor's office in Willows before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Glenn County Courthouse at 530-934-6400.