El Dorado County, California - Assessor's Office
The El Dorado County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in El Dorado County, California. You can contact the El Dorado County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the El Dorado County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
330 Fair LnThe El Dorado County Assessor's Office is located in Placerville, California. Placerville is the county seat of El Dorado County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the El Dorado County Government Center, at 360 Fair Lane.
El Dorado County Assessor Contact Information
Additional El Dorado County Information
El Dorado County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the El Dorado County Tax Assessor may also serve as the El Dorado County Tax Appraiser.
- The El Dorado County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in El Dorado County.
- The El Dorado County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The El Dorado County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in El Dorado County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting El Dorado County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the El Dorado County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-621-5719. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the El Dorado County assessor's office at 530-642-8148. Please call the assessor's office in Placerville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the El Dorado County Government Center at 530-621-5567.