Contra Costa County, California - Assessor's Office
The Contra Costa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Contra Costa County, California. You can contact the Contra Costa County Assessor for:
- Checking the Contra Costa County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
651 Pine St Fl 11The Contra Costa County Assessor's Office is located in Martinez, California. Martinez is the county seat of Contra Costa County, where most local government offices are located.
Contra Costa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Contra Costa County Information
Contra Costa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Contra Costa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Contra Costa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Contra Costa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Contra Costa County.
- The Contra Costa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Contra Costa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Contra Costa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Contra Costa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Contra Costa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 925-313-7400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Contra Costa County assessor's office at 925-313-7488. Please call the assessor's office in Martinez before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Contra Costa County government at 925-646-4080.