Colusa County, California - Assessor's Office
The Colusa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Colusa County, California. You can contact the Colusa County Assessor for:
- Checking the Colusa County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
546 Jay StThe Colusa County Assessor's Office is located in Colusa, California. Colusa is the county seat of Colusa County, where most local government offices are located.
Colusa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Colusa County Information
Colusa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Colusa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Colusa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Colusa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Colusa County.
- The Colusa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Colusa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Colusa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Colusa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Colusa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-458-0450. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Colusa County assessor's office at 530-458-0436. Please call the assessor's office in Colusa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Colusa County Administration Building at 530-458-0508.