Alpine County, California - Assessor's Office
The Alpine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alpine County, California. You can contact the Alpine County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Alpine County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 158The Alpine County Assessor's Office is located in Markleeville, California. Markleeville is the county seat of Alpine County, where most local government offices are located.
Alpine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alpine County Information
Alpine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alpine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alpine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alpine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alpine County.
- The Alpine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alpine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alpine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alpine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alpine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 530-694-2283. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Alpine County assessor's office at 530-694-2491. Please call the assessor's office in Markleeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alpine County Courthouse at 530-694-2281.