Alameda County, California - Assessor's Office
The Alameda County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alameda County, California. You can contact the Alameda County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Alameda County property tax due date
1221 Oak StreetThe Alameda County Assessor's Office is located in Oakland, California. Oakland is the county seat of Alameda County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Alameda County Administration Building, at 1221 Oak Street, Room 145.
Alameda County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alameda County Information
Alameda County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alameda County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alameda County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alameda County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alameda County.
- The Alameda County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alameda County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alameda County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alameda County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alameda County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 510-272-3787. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Alameda County assessor's office at 510-272-3803. Please call the assessor's office in Oakland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alameda County Administration Building at 510-272-6347.