Van Buren County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Van Buren County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Van Buren County, Arkansas. You can contact the Van Buren County Assessor for:
- Checking the Van Buren County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Van Buren County Assessor's Office is located in Clinton, Arkansas.
Van Buren County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Van Buren County Information
Van Buren County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Van Buren County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Van Buren County Tax Appraiser.
- The Van Buren County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Van Buren County.
- The Van Buren County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Van Buren County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Van Buren County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Van Buren County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Van Buren County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 501-745-2464. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Van Buren County assessor's office at 501-745-2499. Please call the assessor's office in Clinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.