St. Francis County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The St. Francis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Francis County, Arkansas. You can contact the St. Francis County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the St. Francis County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
313 S Izard StThe St. Francis County Assessor's Office is located in Forrest City, Arkansas. Forrest City is the county seat of St. Francis County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the St. Francis County Courthouse, at 313 South Izard Street.
St. Francis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Francis County Information
St. Francis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Francis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Francis County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Francis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Francis County.
- The St. Francis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Francis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Francis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Francis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Francis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-261-1710. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Francis County assessor's office at 870-261-1714. Please call the assessor's office in Forrest City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Francis County Courthouse at 870-261-1700.