Sharp County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Sharp County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sharp County, Arkansas. You can contact the Sharp County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Sharp County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
719 Ash Flat DrThe Sharp County Assessor's Office is located in Ash Flat, Arkansas. Ash Flat is the county seat of Sharp County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sharp County Courthouse, at 718 Ash Flat Drive.
Sharp County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sharp County Information
Sharp County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sharp County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sharp County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sharp County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sharp County.
- The Sharp County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sharp County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sharp County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sharp County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sharp County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-994-7328. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sharp County assessor's office at 870-994-7708. Please call the assessor's office in Ash Flat before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sharp County Courthouse at 870-994-7338.