Prairie County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Prairie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Prairie County, Arkansas. You can contact the Prairie County Assessor for:
- Checking the Prairie County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
605 Highway 38The Prairie County Assessor's Office is located in Des Arc, Arkansas.
Prairie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Prairie County Information
Prairie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Prairie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Prairie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Prairie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Prairie County.
- The Prairie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Prairie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Prairie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Prairie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Prairie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-256-4692. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Prairie County assessor's office at 870-256-4308. Please call the assessor's office in Des Arc before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Prairie County Courthouse at 870-256-3741.