Newton County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Newton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Newton County, Arkansas. You can contact the Newton County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Newton County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Newton County Assessor's Office is located in Jasper, Arkansas.
Newton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Newton County Information
Newton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Newton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Newton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Newton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Newton County.
- The Newton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Newton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Newton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Newton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Newton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-446-2937. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jasper before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.