Mississippi County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Mississippi County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mississippi County, Arkansas. You can contact the Mississippi County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Mississippi County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
200 W Walnut StThe Mississippi County Assessor's Office is located in Blytheville, Arkansas. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mississippi County Courthouse, at 200 West Walnut Street.
Mississippi County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mississippi County Information
Mississippi County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mississippi County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mississippi County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mississippi County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mississippi County.
- The Mississippi County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mississippi County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mississippi County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mississippi County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mississippi County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-763-6860. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mississippi County assessor's office at 870-763-5151. Please call the assessor's office in Blytheville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mississippi County Courthouse at 870-763-3212.