Hempstead County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Hempstead County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hempstead County, Arkansas. You can contact the Hempstead County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Hempstead County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
400 S Washington StThe Hempstead County Assessor's Office is located in Hope, Arkansas. Hope is the county seat of Hempstead County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hempstead County Courthouse, at 400 South Washington Street.
Hempstead County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hempstead County Information
Hempstead County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hempstead County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hempstead County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hempstead County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hempstead County.
- The Hempstead County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hempstead County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hempstead County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hempstead County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hempstead County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-777-6190. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hempstead County assessor's office at 870-777-7834. Please call the assessor's office in Hope before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hempstead County Courthouse at 870-777-6164.