Crittenden County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Crittenden County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crittenden County, Arkansas. You can contact the Crittenden County Assessor for:
- Checking the Crittenden County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
100 Court StThe Crittenden County Assessor's Office is located in Marion, Arkansas. Marion is the county seat of Crittenden County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Crittenden County Courthouse, at 100 Court Street.
Crittenden County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crittenden County Information
Crittenden County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crittenden County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crittenden County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crittenden County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crittenden County.
- The Crittenden County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crittenden County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crittenden County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crittenden County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crittenden County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-739-3606. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Marion before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crittenden County Courthouse at 870-739-3200.