Ashley County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Ashley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ashley County, Arkansas. You can contact the Ashley County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ashley County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
The Ashley County Assessor's Office is located in Hamburg, Arkansas.
Ashley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ashley County Information
Ashley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ashley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ashley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ashley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ashley County.
- The Ashley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ashley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ashley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ashley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ashley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-853-2060. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ashley County assessor's office at 870-853-2002. Please call the assessor's office in Hamburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.