Yavapai County, Arizona - Assessor's Office
The Yavapai County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yavapai County, Arizona. You can contact the Yavapai County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Yavapai County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
65 Yakashba DriveThe Yavapai County Assessor's Office is located in Prescott, Arizona. Prescott is the county seat of Yavapai County, where most local government offices are located.
Yavapai County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yavapai County Information
Yavapai County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yavapai County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yavapai County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yavapai County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yavapai County.
- The Yavapai County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yavapai County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yavapai County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yavapai County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yavapai County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 928-771-3220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Yavapai County assessor's office at 928-771-3181. Please call the assessor's office in Prescott before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yavapai County government at 928-771-3200.